The green revolution programs of India
The “green revolution” new agricultural strategy was adopted by the Govt. of India on the recommendation of the ford foundation of England. The new strategy was introduced in agriculture in need of 60. The strategy was indict adopted in 7 selected district stage of India. D.R Norman Borlaug the agriculture scientists pf Mexico developed the new strategy of high yielding varieties. The India agriculture scientists DR M.S Swaminathan suggests form adopting his new strategy in India.
The green revolution water speed and fertilizer program was adopted in our country in the kharif season in the form of a package program. This program includes the was of high yielding varieties speed, modern means of production use of fertilizer, pesticides and irrigation facility, etc. The adoption of a new agricultural strategy as changed India's agriculture from tradition to modern forming.
The strategy was adopted for the production of five selected food crops such as rice, wheat, Bajar maize, and ragi. Initially, this program was adopted in 1.89 million hectares of cultivable land. Later this program was spread over other cultivable lands. Effect of green revaluation. The new agricultural strategy impact on the Scio economic condition of the people in our country.
The green revolution program uses a certain positive impact on the Indian economy. Following some of the importance.
- The adoption of the new agriculture strategy as increased the production of food crops (grains) in our country At present India is self-reliant in the production of food grains.
- The adoption of the new agricultural improved economic conditions and the standard living of the farmers in our country.
- The adoption of the new agricultural strategy increased the growth rate of the economy.
- The adoption of the new agricultural strategy paved way for creating more and many employment opportunities in the rural. The sector of the economy.
- The new strategy increased the agricultural export of our country. It helps our GOVT. to earn more and more foreign currency.
In spite of the above advantage the new agricultural strategy. It is clear that there are creating problems in the process of adoption of the new agricultural strategy.
- The new agricultural strategy fell to solve the shortage of food grains in our country.
- The new agricultural strategy has fallen to increase the overall growth rate of our country to the desired level.
- The new agricultural strategy has also increased person inequalities in the distribution of income and wealth.
- The new agricultural strategy has increased regional inequality in our country.
- The new agricultural strategy has given birth to capital farming in our country.