The Population policy of the Government of India
In the past independence period the GOVT of India , the first population senses was eon dusted by the GOVT. of India in the year 1951. Visit to know
In the past independence period the GOVT of India, the first population senses was eon ducted by the GOVT. of India in the year 1951. The total population was 36 crore. This was a cause of concern for our economic planners. The GOVT. of India decided to introduce policy measures to control the growth rate of the population in India.
The first population policy was declared by the GOVT. of India in the year 1951. The main objective is to check the growth rate of the population in our country. Population policy in India is voluntary in nature. The concept of two children is adopted in our population policy. In the year 1976 the GOVT. our new population in our country. The following are some of the important features of the new population policy.
(1) Out of the total control, central assistance 80% has been a year marked for population control or family planning.
(2) The new policy proposed for increasing the marriageable age of boys and girls to 21 years to 18 years respectable.
(3) The policy proposed for making primary and elementary education as free and compulsory.
After a long gap of 24 years the GOVT. of India realized the gravity of the situation of the population explosion. It was decided to adopt another population policy in our country. The GOVT. declared the new national population policy in 2000.
The following are some of the important features of the national population policy 2000.
(1) Free and compulsory education to all below the age of 14 and measures to reduce school dropout.
(2) To reduce to infect mortality to 30 per thousand.
(3) To reduce the maternal mortality rate to 10 per thousand.
(4) To permit delayed marriage among girl children.
(5) Out of the total birth of child 80% should be in GOVT. hospital reputed private clinics.
(6) To control birth death and marriage.
(7) To provide compulsory immunization.
(8) To permit the concept of the two-child norm.
In order to provide support to various majors and taken in 200 nation population policy, the GOVT. has decided from under J&K. The chairmanship of prime minister. The GOVT. of India also introduces certain other policy majors and makes budgetary provisions in the 11th 5 years plan.
Thus the population policy major undertook by our national Govt. During different 5 years, plans have been successful to some extent in controlling the problems of population explosion but there are creation lags in our population planning. Hens concert majors should be undertaken by the GOVT. of our country to put a permeant check on the problems of population explosion.