How to create an effective resume - 10 Tips
A resume is a formal documents that lists a candidate’s work experience, education and skill. A good resume gives a potential employer enough information to believe the applicant is worth interviewing. That’s why it is so important to create a resume that is effective.So in this post you will know How to create an effective resume.
How to create an effective resume
1. write the Address SectionThe Address section occupies the top of your resume. It includes information like you name, address, phone number and email address. Insert a bold line under the section to separate it from rest of your resume.
2. Add the profile Summary SectionThe part of your resume should your overall experience, achievements, awards, certifications and strengths. You can make your summary as short as 2-3 bullet points or as long as 8-10 bullet points.
Profile Summary -
A content writer graduated from University of Strategical have 6 years of experience in writing website copy. Core expertise lies in content creation for e-learning courses, specifically for the k-12 segment.
3. Include your Education QualificationsWhen listing your academic records, first list your highest degree. Then add the second highest qualification under the highest one and so on. To provide a clear and accurate picture of your educational background, it is critical that include information om your position, rank, percentage of CPI for every degree or certification that you have listed.<br/>
If you have done any certifications and training's, you can add Training and certification section under your Educational Qualifications section.
Educational Qualifications -
Master in International Management (2019) from Columbia University with 8.8 CPI.
Bachelor of Management Studies (2018) from Bhubaneswar University with87% marks.
10+2 with, state (2015) from Odisha Board with 91% marks.
High school (2011) from Odisha Board with 93% marks.
4. List Your Technical SkillsWhen listing your technical skills, start with the skills that you are most confided about. Then add the skill that you do not have as good a command over. It is perfectly acceptable to include just one skill, if you fell that particular skill adds tremendous value to your ‘resume’. If you do not have any technical skills, you can omit this step.
5. Insert Your Academic Project ExperienceList down all the important project that you have worked on. Include the following information in this section., Project title, Organization, Platform used, Contribution, Description
Project Title: Different Communication Skills
Organization: True Blue Solution
Platform used: Reticulation
Contribution: Content witting and graphic visualization
Description: Development of storyboards for corporate induction and training programs
6. List Your StrengthsThis is where you list all major strengths. The section should be in the from of a bulleted list.
Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
Action-oriented and result-focused
Great time management skills.
7. List Your Extracurricular ActivitiesIt is very important to show that you have diverse interests and that life consists of more than academics. Include your extracurricular actives can give you an added edge over other candidates who have similar academic scores and project experience. This section should be in the from of a billeted list.
Member of the Debate Club
Played tennis at a national level
Won first prize in the all India Camel Contest
8. Write Your Personal DetailsThe last section of your ‘resume’ must include the following personal information:
Date of birth, Nationality, Gender and marital status, Language know
Personal Details -
Date of birth: 14th February 1998
Gender and marital status: Male,. Single
Language know: English, Hindi, Odia, French
Tips: Keep your resume file name short, simple and informational,Make sure the resume is neat and free from typing errors and Always create your resume on plain white paper.
You must read: How to Prepare for an Interview - Best Tips
I hope this post will be useful to you, if you like this post, then give the comment below. And if you want to get more information about your job, you can comment below.